March 26, 2023
On your mark. Get set. Race! The oldest road race in North America returns to Hamilton for its 128th season.
- First run in 1894, three years before the Boston Marathon, it's the oldest long-distance race in North America.
- Drawing tens of thousands of runners and spectators, and has been won by the best athletes in the world, including Boston Marathon winners and Olympic gold medalists.
- Runners can choose to participate in either a 5k or 30k race. Both routes offer flat and hillier, more demanding sections around Hamilton’s beautiful harbour.
- Visit the Around the Bay website for more spectator tips, including the best places to watch from and road closure and parking info.
While You're Here
- Plan your visit with our Downtown Guide, packed with things to see, do and eat before and after the race.
- Check out our Getting Here and Getting Around tips for a seamless trip.
- Visit our Accommodations Guide for all your overnight needs.
- GO Trains now run every hour between Toronto's Union Station and Hamilton's West Harbour - walking distance to FirstOntario Centre.
You may also be interested in...
Royal Botanical GardensFebruary 9, 2023
Experience Royal Botanical Gardens in a whole new light.
February 20, 2023
Spend your Family Day together at the rink.
January 29, 2023
Sip your way through Hamilton's best breweries.