July 1, 2022
This Canada Day, Hamilton hosts the FIBA Basketball World Cup Qualifier game between Canada and the Dominican Republic.
- The much-anticipated game will be played at downtown's FirstOntario Centre and broadcast on Sportsnet.
- The match is presented locally by Canada Basketball and the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL) in partnership with Tourism Hamilton.
- Hamilton's own Shai Gilgeous-Alexander as well as RJ Barrett, Dwight Powell, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Cory Joseph, Jamal Murray, and many more NBA stars will represent Canada on the Senior Men's National Team in the lead-up to the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
- As a result of the ongoing pandemic, this Hamilton game will be the first FIBA event Canada has hosted since February 2020.
- 80 national teams around the world will play across six qualifying windows to secure their place among the 30 teams joining hosts Japan and the Philippines for the FIBA Basketball 2023 Worldcup.
While You're Here
- Plan your visit with our Downtown Guide, packed with things to see, do and eat before and after the game.
- Visit our Accommodations Guide for all your overnight needs.
- Check out our Getting Here and Getting Around tips for a seamless trip.
- GO train run every hour between Toronto's Union Station and Hamilton's, a 15 minute walk or short bus ride to FirstOntario Centre
101 York Blvd,
Hamilton, L8R 3L4
You may also be interested in...
July 18, 2022 to July 24, 2022
Watch acclaimed artists paint murals live across Hamilton.
July 15, 2022 to July 16, 2022
Enjoy stellar craft brews alongside live music.
July 14, 2022
Catch this basketball game at FirstOntario Centre.