In partnership with the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure through the EnAbling Change Program, Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) has assembled an Accessible Tourism Package with fresh insights and best practices for making Ontario a more accessible destination for tourists, employees and business owners alike. The package features six downloadable PDF documents for our members’ perusal, all of which focus on an aspect of accessibility important to tourism.
Available for Download:
- Accessible Customer Service — provided by the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario (ADO)
- Creating Accessible Hospitality — provided by Ted Wilson, lecturer at Laurentian School of Architecture
- The Art of Inclusion — provided by the McMichael Canadian Art Collection
- Accessible Tourism in London — provided by Joan Beaune, Manager, Administration, Research and Membership, Tourism London
- Abilities Centre — provided by Abilities Centre Executive Director Leo Plue
- Accessibility: A Business Owner’s Perspective — provided by Gregory Boyle, Tim Hortons owner/operator, Sarnia
The Accessible Tourism Package can be found on TIAO’s Accessible Tourism Website.