This historic estate overlooking the bay is one of Hamilton’s most iconic attractions.
Picture yourself here.
- A costumed interpreter will give you a personalized tour of this 40-room estate built in the 1830s on the former site of a fortified military encampment.
- Once home to Sir Allan Napier MacNab, railway magnate, lawyer and Premier of the United Canadas (1854-1856), the museum tells the story of the affluent family who lived above stairs and the servants who lived and worked below stairs. It’s Hamilton’s own Downton Abbey!
- The fascinating Military Museum and a stunning two-acre Historic Kitchen Garden are also onsite.
- Look out for special events at Dundurn all summer including garden tours and cooking workshops.
- Fun Fact: Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall (Prince Charles’ wife) is the museum’s Patron and the great, great, great granddaughter of Sir Allan MacNab.