Tew falls may be known as a package deal with nearby Webster Falls, but it’s stunning in its own right. This slender beauty known as a ribbon waterfall happens to be the tallest in Hamilton. It also marks the beginning of an uphill forested hike towards Hamilton’s famous Dundas Peak with stunning valley views.
- Fed by Logie’s Creek, the water tumbles down 41 metres of rock face into the valley below.
- A couple of viewing platforms give visitors vantage points – with views and colours that change with the seasons.
- Continue up the Webster Falls Side Trail to the Dundas Peak where you’ll be rewarded with spectacular views of the Dundas Valley on a clear day. This is especially beautiful – and popular – in the fall when the leaves change colour.
Parking and Proximity to Falls
Parking Lot and access to Tew Falls are currently open.
- There are stairs leading to the viewing platforms.
- After climbing to the second viewing platform at Tew Falls, keep hiking up towards the Dundas Peak for a rewarding view of the Dundas Valley. Once at the top, the Tew Falls Lookout Trail will lead you down into the town of Dundas. Head east when you get to the train tracks and follow the trail to Cascades Park off Sydenham Road (where you'll pass Lower Sydenham Falls).
- There are also a couple of Bruce Trail side trails to explore. (See Tiffany Falls for other hikes in the Dundas Valley.)
What to Do
- Nearby Christie Lake Conservation Area is a great spot to relax for remainder of the day. Visit the beach and plan a picnic.
- Extend your active excursion and hit the 10 kilometres of mountain biking trails on the east side of the conservation area.
- Twice a year, the Christie Antique & Vintage Show takes over 10 acres of the conservation area with hundreds of vendors.
What to Eat
- Across the road from the Christie Lake entrance, Tiny Shop Bakery whips up 36 pie flavours and other baked goods. In the fall, it marks the entrance to Hanes Corn Maze Farmland & Pumpkin Patch.
- Betula Restaurant in nearby Dundas sources much of its seasonal produce from the community garden Hamilton Victory Gardens for its fresh menu.
- Namu Modern Asian Cuisine in Dundas fuses styles from all over the world into its fun, eclectic menu and there is a small patio out front to enjoy.