Release your wild child and banish boredom this summer in Hamilton, where we have everything you need to plan a fun and unforgettable family trip.
Top Family Attractions
Make memories that will last a lifetime at these top summer spots.
- At African Lion Safari you can get up close to some of the world's most exotic animals. Then, let your little monkeys cool off at the Mismu Bay Wetplay area as the day heats up.
- Hit the trails at Royal Botanical Gardens, explore the natural playground, or check out some kid-friendly events.
- Ride the waves into some serious fun at Wild Waterworks, where there's something for kids of all ages.
Have some fun in the sun with these outdoor adventures.
- Soar through the trees on ziplines and bridges at Treetop Trekking.
- Check out our Family Friendly Hiking Guide for beautiful trails with great views that are fun and easy on little legs.
- Pack up the kids and soak up the sun at these Hamilton Beaches.
- The West Harbour is packed with kid-friendly activities like a rollerskating rink, Canada's "most fightingest ship" HMCS Haida, trolley rides, and the iconic Theodore Tugboat.
- Splash, climb and bounce on over 25 inflatable obstacles at FunSplash Sports Park.
Museums & Culture
Play, learn, and explore at these family-friendly museums and galleries.
- Get up close to over 50 aircrafts and displays at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
- It's all aboard for your little locomotive lovers when Train Days return to the Museum of Steam & Technology.
- With lots of room to run and a vintage train on-site, Westfield Heritage Village is the perfect place for young explorers.
- Spark your little one's imagination at the Burgel-Bosh Bus at the Art Gallery of Hamilton or get creative with their family-friendly programs.
- Discover more ways to make learning fun at these kid-friendly museums.
From rides to music to great food, these summer festivals are a hit for the whole family.
- With family-friendly entertainment, music, and plenty of food trucks to choose from, the Festival of Friends is always a family crowd-pleaser.
- Hop on a midway ride and indulge in a famous peach sundae at the iconic Winona Peach Festival.
- With food, art, music, and activities for the kids, Supercrawl is the perfect way to end your summer with a bang.
- Push their little tastebuds to new limits at the Lucky Lion Night Market at Bayfront Park.
Enjoy the summer weather and cheer on the hometown team.
- Experience the roar of the hometown crowd when the Hamilton Ticats hit the field in CFL action.
- Bring the soccer lovers in the family to cheer on the reigning CPL champions Forge FC in what is always an exciting matchup.
- Pack up the family and head to the diamond for game day this summer with the Hamilton Cardinals.
Fuel their imaginations with these creative and hands-on experiences.
- Get ready to walk the plank to adventure, imagination, and play at A Pirate Life children's theatre.
- Get your hands dirty and create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece to cherish for years at Play with Clay.
- Banish boredom and keep the kids entertained for hours at spots like Splitsville, Flying Squirrel, or Cameron Speedway.
Satisfy any craving at these kid-approved restaurants.
- Treat the kids and fuel up at one of these kid-friendly restaurants in between adventures.
- Head to the Hamilton Farmers' Market with over 60 vendors to pick out fresh fruits and veggies, stop for lunch at Mexican Kitchen, or indulge in a doughnut from Cafe Baffico.
- End your summer outing on a sweet note and grab a scoop of ice cream from Hutch's on the Beach, The Parlour Dairy Bar, or The Purple Pony.