From the city's famous cream egg brownies to the prettiest Easter cookies around, here's your guide to some egg-cellent made-in-Hamilton holiday sweets.
Cake & Loaf
321 Dundurn Street South, Hamilton
Stop by Cake & Loaf for their often imitated, never duplicated, original Cream Egg Brownie. Picture a fudgey chocolate brownie stuffed with a Cadbury Creme Egg and loaded with a thick layer of whipped white chocolate then topped with creamy milk chocolate. If chocolate's not your thing, they also make amazing mini egg shortbread. Did we mention they have mini egg lattes?
The Cookie DOH Factory
What could be more delicious than eating raw cookie dough? Instead of sneaking some out of the bowl, how about eating a cup of your very own chock-full of mini eggs! It's hands down their favourite flavour this time of year. And don't worry, all their dough has been heat-treated so it's safe to eat.
342 Barton Street East
Head to this unique Barton Street sweet shop for beautiful sweets that really are a work of art. Pick up delicate and oh-so-pretty bunny cookies. Or go for a gorgeous Easter gift box packed with delicate treats and beautifully wrapped. If picking up in person don’t forget to grab a photo in front of their “Hello” mural painted outside.
339 Barton Street East, Hamilton
Crumbled is literally no piece of cake. Instead, they specialize in scrumptious deconstructed cake bowls made right in front of your eyes. For Easter, try one of their unbelievably tasty collabs with aforementioned Cake & Loaf: the Cream Egg Cake Bowl or the Mini Egg Cheesecake.
3200 Highway 56, Binbrook
This Binbrook gem of a bakery is where locals in the know go for holiday treats including unreal mini-egg cannoli.
More to Eggs-plore
Here are some more spots to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings:
- Beanermunky Chocolate – This Dundas chocolatier is stocked with adorable goodies like Easter Oreo Dips and huge Easter smash eggs.
- Walker's Chocolates – Find huge chocolate bunnies, epic smash eggs and colorful 'bunny bark' at this popular Westdale chocolatier.
- Chocolat on James -This James Street North chocolate mecca is pulling out all the stops with its Easter menu including creamy milk chocolate peanut butter eggs and colourful slabs of mini egg fudge.
- Hotti Biscotti – Pick up some colourful Easter themed biscotti and other based goodies like chocolate caramel pecan brownies topped with crushed chocolate eggs on your next visit to the Hamilton Farmers’ Market.
- Latin Food & Products – Treat your tastebuds to authentic Latin American treats like Argentinian Alfajores cookies filled with caramel and coated in coconut or Mexican Tres Leches cake.