There's a lot to look forward to in Hamilton this year. Think blockbuster events, headline-making restaurant openings, and new festivals.
We've rounded up just a few new experiences to add to your bucket list, with lots more to come.
1. New Food & Drink Spots
Hamilton’s culinary scene continues to evolve with newcomers like:
- French bistro-inspired Le Tambour Tavern on James Street North
- Crown and Press art gallery and cafe on Ottawa Street North
- Maisy’s Pearl, shucking delicious oysters on Barton Street
- Rosales Diner, serving up family fare on Dundurn Street South
- Pinbones Fish Market in Dundas recently expanded to include a sit-down restaurant to rave reviews
- Joey Turks Island Grill on Locke Street South serves up a fresh Caribbean menu that includes popular build-your-own “Island Bowls”
- Hottie’s Smash Burger in Barton Village serves up epic smash burgers, cheese fries and their signature pink soft-serve ice cream
- Lobby on James Street South offers a memorable late-night experience with a global menu and unique cocktails
May 28 – June 2
Mark your calendar for the ultimate tee time at the historic Hamilton Golf & Country Club in Ancaster, hosting the prestigious golf tournament alongside live concerts and entertainment this spring.
Feb 21 – Feb 24
Get your laugh on at this four-day festival celebrating all things hilarious in Canada with plenty of local connections.
The High Acre, located in a restored Dundas farmhouse, is Hamilton’s newest spa retreat where each suite has its own private sauna, steam room, and fireplace. And downtown, comfort and convenience are at the heart of the modern new 150+ Hampton Inn by Hilton Hamilton. Also coming soon, the new 105 Holiday Inn Express Hamilton on Upper James, opening later this year.
One of Hamilton’s most popular dining destinations dubbed “Restaurant Row” will be getting a striking new gateway this spring. The tree-like wooden sculpture called Woodgate will act as a gate that can be lowered for special event street closures.
Mark your calendar for a year’s worth of great shows and exhibits. Just some 2024 highlights announced so far: