Categories: Arts & Culture, Bucket List, Family Fun, Museums, Outdoor Adventure
Unplug and slow down with the family at this living history museum in rural Hamilton.
Costumed interpreters help bring early Canadian culture to life as they lead demonstrations on everything from blacksmithing to bread-making across 35 carefully restored historic buildings.
- Climb aboard and explore a vintage train, always a hit with young visitors
- Sample sweet candies and other treats from the old fashioned General Store
- The 130-hectare site is bordered by beautiful woodlands, meadows and trails, perfect peaceful hikes
- Open Sundays and holidays from April to October, and special events from March to December
- Favourite annual events here include magical holiday programming the Maple Syrup (winter) and Ice Cream (summer) festivals as well as the award-winning Telling Tales Festival
Westfield Heritage Village
1049 Kirkwall Road,
Rockton, Ontario, L0R 1X0
You may also be interested in...
King's Forest Golf Club
Play like royalty at a course in the heart of the Red Hill Valley.
Barton Village Shopping District
Explore the intersection of art and entrepreneurial spirit on Barton Street!
Whitehern Historic House & Garden
Experience one of the finest examples of an intact historic home in Canada.