Fall is one of the best times to plan a visit to Hamilton thanks to the gorgeous colours that blanket the city, breathtaking waterfall hikes, cherished agricultural events, and inspiring cultural happenings.
Mix and match these unique-to-Hamilton experiences for your next fall getaway
See & Do
Get outside and breathe in that fall crisp air, experience favourite fall fairs and events, and warm up at these world-class attractions.
- Hamilton has some of the best fall colours in the region. But don’t just take our word for it. Check out these stunning fall lookouts captured by one of our fave photographers.
- Catch more prime leaf colours on one of these spectacular fall hikes (waterfalls included).
- Chase these breathtaking waterfalls framed by perfect fall foliage with our waterfall guide.
- See even more of Hamilton this fall on two wheels with our cycling guide.
- Fun fact: Hamilton is actually two-thirds rural. Get back to the land at these grounding agricultural destinations – perfect for the season.
- Fall wouldn’t be complete without a visit to an apple orchard, a hayride in a pumpkin patch, or twisting through a corn maze. Make sure to put these local farms on your fall bucket list.
Haunted Hamilton Fun
- Make it a frightful fall to remember – if you dare – at these spooky sites with our guide to Haunted Hamilton sports to visit.
- Get spooked on guided Ghost Tours at various haunted Hamilton locations.
- Watch warm autumn hues take over Canada’s largest botanical gardens at Royal Botanical Gardens, packed with fall foliage and special events.
- Take in a canopy of fall leaves from a new vantage point at Treetop Trekking, packed with forest adventures.
- Art Gallery of Hamilton is the perfect fall retreat with both renowned permanent exhibits and exciting new fall shows.
- Trace the city’s deep historic roots at various Civic Museums like Hamilton’s own Downton Abbey – Dundurn Castle. Or check out Canada’s largest flying museum Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
- Sweater weather is perfect for exploring like a local with our neighbourhood guides to the best food and shopping across the city.
Fall Concerts & Events
- Live music lovers rejoice! Some big acts are coming to downtown Hamilton’s FirstOntario Centre this fall including Canadian crooner Michael Buble and K-Pop megastars Blackpink and Ateeze.
- The Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra kicks off its new season in late October with breathtaking performances.
- Cheer on: cheer on hometown football favourites Hamilton Tiger-Cats or watch the puck drop with reigning OHL champions Hamilton Bulldogs.
- Canada’s #1 Boston Qualifier, the Road2Hope Hamilton Marathon, returns with a beautiful waterfront course.
- Among the must-visit, new exhibits at the Art Gallery of Hamilton is Gatherings: Roger Ferreira and Kareem-Anthony Ferreira celebrating the father-son artistic team.
- Check out our Event Calendar for even more fall fun during your next visit.
Hamilton is packed with family-friendly fall fun – for both the young and young at heart.
- Pumpkin Fest at Merry Farms and the Pumpkin Patch Festival at Dyment’s Farm are worth a visit thanks to tons of hands-on activities and stunning rural settings.
- Follow the magical glow of jack-o-lanterns down The Great Pumpkin Trail at Royal Botanical Gardens.
- Walk among life-size dinosaurs at the world’s largest interactive dinosaur walk and exhibit Jurassic Quest.
Fuel up during your fall getaway at these top food and drink spots.
- It’s time to switch up your order from an iced cap to a pumpkin spice latte. Warm up with a perfect cup of Joe with our guide Hamilton’s top coffee shops.
- Raise a glass of crisp heritage apple cider fireside at a pretty apple orchard West Avenue Cider in rural Waterdown. Or book a tour of Hamilton’s art-obsessed Collective Arts Brewery.
- Discover more of the city’s best breweries, cideries, wineries, and bottleshops with our guide.
- Eating on a budget when visiting Hamilton is easy – and delicious – when you know where to go. Hamilton foodie insider @TasteHamOnt shows you the city’s best cheap eats.
- Brunch is always a season in Hamilton. Find the perfect short stack or eggs benny with our popular Brunch Guide.
- fall for some unbelievable desserts at Hamilton’s Cake & loaf Bakery famous for their many seasonal from-scratch treats. Think Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie and Pumpkin Spiced Baked Donuts.