Fall-elujah! It's time for autumn skies and pumpkin pies. Fall is one of the best times to plan a visit to Hamilton thanks to the gorgeous colours that blanket the city, breathtaking waterfall hikes, cherished agricultural events, and inspiring cultural happenings.
Mix and match these unique-to-Hamilton experiences for your next fall getaway
See & Do
Get outside and breathe in that fall crisp air, experience favourite fall fairs and events, and warm up at these world-class attractions.
- Enjoy a fun-filled day at the fair this fall with The Ancaster Fair and Rockton World's Fair.
- Hamilton has some of the best fall colours in the region. But don’t just take our word for it. Check out these stunning fall lookouts captured by one of our fave photographers.
- Catch more prime leaf colours on one of these spectacular fall hikes (waterfalls included).
- Chase these breathtaking waterfalls framed by perfect fall foliage with our waterfall guide.
- See even more of Hamilton this fall on two wheels with our cycling guide.
- Fun fact: Hamilton is actually two-thirds rural. Get back to the land at these grounding agricultural destinations – perfect for the season.
- Fall wouldn’t be complete without a visit to an apple orchard, a hayride in a pumpkin patch, or twisting through a corn maze. Make sure to put these local farms on your fall bucket list.
Haunted Hamilton Fun
- Make it a frightful fall to remember – if you dare – at these spooky sites with our guide to Haunted Hamilton sports to visit.
- Get spooked on guided Ghost Tours at various haunted Hamilton locations.
Fall Concerts & Events
- Celebrate country music's finest when the CCMA Country Music Week & Awards rolls into town. With events throughout the week like Country Music Crawl and CCMA Finale Concert, it's sure to be a rockin' good time.
- Get loud for football as the 110th Grey Cup returns to Tim Hortons Field. Gear up for the big game at the Grey Cup Festival packed with local events celebrating Hamilton music, food and culture.
- Calling all music lovers! Some big acts are coming to downtown Hamilton's FirstOntario Centre this fall including, Yuvan Shankar Raja, The Tea Party & I Mother Earth, and The Beaches.
- The Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra starts its new season in late September with breathtaking performances.
- Canada's #1 Boston Qualifier, the Road2Hope Hamilton Marathon, returns with a beautiful waterfront course.
- Among the must-visit, new exhibits at the Art Gallery of Hamilton is Celebrating 50 Years of Hip Hop/Concrete Canvas, by artists Alexander Bacon and Moises Luvs
- Experience a weekend of art, music, beer, and cocktails like no other when Collective Arts Presents: A Creative Trip this fall.
- Check out our Event Calendar for even more fall fun.
Hamilton is packed with family-friendly fall fun – for both the young and young at heart.
Fuel up during your fall getaway at these top food and drink spots.
- It’s time to switch up your order from an iced cap to a pumpkin spice latte. Warm up with a perfect cup of Joe with our guide Hamilton’s top coffee shops.
- Raise a glass of crisp heritage apple cider fireside at a pretty apple orchard West Avenue Cider in rural Waterdown. Or book a tour of Hamilton’s art-obsessed Collective Arts Brewery.
- Discover more of the city’s best breweries, cideries, wineries, and bottleshops with our guide.
- Eating on a budget when visiting Hamilton is easy – and delicious – when you know where to go. Hamilton foodie insider @TasteHamOnt shows you the city’s best cheap eats.
- Brunch is always a season in Hamilton. Find the perfect short stack or eggs benny with our popular Brunch Guide.