Treat family and friends to something extra thoughtful this year, picked out just for them and sourced right here in Hamilton.
From vintage records to tickets to a show, you can check everyone off your list and support local businesses this holiday season with our made-in-Hamilton holiday gift guide.
For the Lover of Unique Items on Your List
- If you’re searching for something sweet and thoughtful, look no further than shops like Studio 205, Pretty Grit, Ark Collective, Girl on the Wing, STORE on James and The Local Life for unique items from home decor to pottery to jewelry.
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is home to a massive gift shop, packed with one of a kind gifts for the aviation buff on your list.
- Some of our favourite holiday markets are back this year along with brand new ones including Stuffed Hamilton, Craftadian Hamilton Handmade Market, the Ancaster Christmas Craft Show, Handmade Hamilton: A Holiday Craft Show, and Countdown to Christmas.
- Choose from a selection of beautifully curated gifts at Oliver & Co. Home, and get your festive fix at this beautiful store perfectly decorated for the holidays.
For the Foodie on your list
- A gift card to one of the many local restaurants is the perfect way for the foodie on your list to discover Hamilton’s expanding food scene. Not sure where to start? Try Hometown Hub and search by type and location.
- Deciding on a gift for the holiday party host? Knock on their door with a delicious pre-made charcuterie board or box and you’re sure to end up on the nice list. A few local spots include Barton Salumeria, The Olive Board, Ancaster Cheese and Fine Foods, Luxe Graze Boxes, and Party With Marty.
- Browse our dessert guide for some of Hamilton’s sweetest spots to pick up a treat for the sweet tooth or chocoholic on your list.
For the Brew, Wine, and Spirit lover on your list
For the Outdoor Enthusiast on your list
For the kiddo on your list
- Piper’s Closet on James Street North has all of the coolest kid gear from clothing to accessories as well as a little something for the mamas on your list.
- Citizen Kid is a neighbourhood toy store on Locke Street that offers a unique shopping alternative to big box stores with its quality and sustainable toy selection.
- Ainara’s Bookshelf is an Instagram account created by a teenage book lover from Stoney Creek that features books whose main characters are Black and people of colour. Follow for some great gift-giving picks.
- Curated Cradle is the place to shop if you’re looking to check-off the new babies and mamas on your list, with everything from books and toys, to clothing and self-care items.
For the arts lover on your list
For the reader on your list
For the Hamilton-lover on your list
- True Hamiltonian is the maker behind the popular “Hamilton is Home” shirts, sweaters, and hats. Gift one of these to your favourite Hamiltonian living here or elsewhere.
- Jelly Bros Neighbourhood Maps continue to be a gift-giving staple, with neighbourhood maps to frame and proudly hang. They’ve also got prints of Hamilton landmarks, schools, and even a colouring book.
- Hamont Doodles are vibrant doodles that capture the many iconic and special corners of the city from the Gage Park bandshell to Capri Pizza.
- LEN is downtown Hamilton is stocked with fun, unique, Canadian designed gifts including their own cheeky “Hamilton Hates You Too” series.
- Where motorcycles and coffee meet, Steeltown Garage is Hamilton’s one and only motorcycle coffee shop, and the perfect spot to pick up an original t-shirt, sweater, hat, or one of their infamous "death before decaf" coffee mugs.
For the sports fan on your list
For the chef on your list
For the music lover on your list
Shop Hamilton’s Many Unique Neighbourhoods
The holiday season is perfect for exploring Hamilton’s many unique “hoods” for some only-in-Hamilton finds.