Treat family and friends to something extra thoughtful this year, picked out just for them and sourced right here in Hamilton.
From vintage records to tickets to a show, you can check everyone off your list and support local businesses this holiday season with our made-in-Hamilton holiday gift guide.
For the Lover of Unique Items on Your List
- If you’re searching for something sweet and thoughtful, look no further than shops like Studio 205, Pretty Grit, Ark Collective, Girl on the Wing, Black & Smith, STORE on James and The Local Life for unique items from home decor to pottery to jewelry.
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is home to a massive gift shop, packed with one of a kind gifts for the aviation buff on your list.
- Some of our favourite holiday markets are back this year along with brand new ones including Stuffed Hamilton, Craftadian Hamilton Handmade Market, Holiday Night Market, Merit Brewing Holiday Market and the Ancaster Christmas Craft Show.
For the Foodie on your list
- A gift card to one of the many local restaurants is the perfect way for the foodie on your list to discover Hamilton’s expanding food scene. Not sure where to start? Try Hometown Hub and search by type and location.
- Deciding on a gift for the holiday party host? Knock on their door with a delicious pre-made charcuterie board or box and you’re sure to end up on the nice list. A few local spots include Barton Salumeria, The Olive Board, Kitchen Island and Luxe Graze Boxes
- Browse our dessert guide for some of Hamilton’s sweetest spots to pick up a treat for the sweet tooth or chocoholic on your list.
For the Brew, Wine, and Spirit lover on your list
- Say cheers to the season with a bottle or three from one of Hamilton’s many craft breweries, cideries, or wineries.
- Bottle shops can be found all over the city, including Sunny Corner Bar, Red Church, Endless and Dundurn Market.
For the Outdoor Enthusiast on your list
- A Royal Botanical Gardens Pass will give your outdoor lover year-round access to Canada’s largest botanical gardens starting with some of the best holiday programming in the city.
- Hamilton Conservation Area Memberships give the gift of the great outdoors with access to 10 conservation areas and experiences while supporting local conservation efforts.
- Adventure Attic in downtown Dundas makes giving the gift of the great outdoors easy with a wide selection of hiking, camping and travel gear.
For the kiddo on your list
- Citizen Kid is a neighbourhood toy store on Locke Street that offers a unique shopping alternative to big box stores with its quality and sustainable toy selection.
- Ainara’s Bookshelf is an Instagram account created by a teenage book lover from Stoney Creek that features books whose main characters are Black and people of colour. Follow for some great gift-giving picks.
- Curated Cradle is the place to shop if you’re looking to check-off the new babies and mamas on your list, with everything from books and toys, to clothing and self-care items.
For the arts lover on your list
- Hamilton’s many galleries are packed with beautiful art to put a bow on, or you can give the gift of year-round gallery experiences with a membership at Art Gallery of Hamilton.
- Help them start a collection with a piece from one of the city’s talented artists with help from local directories like Artists of Hamilton, The Arty Crowd and Assembly Gallery.
- Have someone on your list with a love for live performances? Set them up with tickets to one of the many shows in town, including the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, Theatre Aquarius or Ancaster Memorial Arts Centre.
For the reader on your list
- King West Books & Mixed Media in Westdale carry a great selection of bestselling books, “Hamiltonia”, creative gifts, and art supplies.
- James Street Bookseller & Gallery specializes in rare and unique books, local artwork, and an impressive selection of fountain pens.
- J.H. Gordon Bookstore has been a downtown fixture for nearly a decade and carries a wide selection of everything from historical fiction to fantasy to classic children’s books.
For the Hamilton-lover on your list
- True Hamiltonian is the maker behind the popular “Hamilton is Home” shirts, sweaters, and hats. Gift one of these to your favourite Hamiltonian living here or elsewhere. Find unique True Hamiltonian gear and other souvenirs at Tourism Hamilton Experience Centre.
- Jelly Bros Neighbourhood Maps continue to be a gift-giving staple, with neighbourhood maps to frame and proudly hang. They’ve also got prints of Hamilton landmarks, schools, and even a colouring book.
- Hamont Doodles are vibrant doodles that capture the many iconic and special corners of the city from the Gage Park bandshell to Capri Pizza.
- LEN is downtown Hamilton is stocked with fun, unique, Canadian designed gifts including their own cheeky “Hamilton Hates You Too” series.
For the sports fan on your list
- Help the sports fan on your list cheer on their favourite Hamilton team with single game and season tickets to the Tiger Cats, Forge FC, Hamilton Bulldogs and The Rock.
- You can find some team swag from Tiger Cats & Forge FC Shop, Bulldogs Shop.
For the chef on your list
- The Casual Gourmet is a lovely shop in the heart of Westdale Village where you can find everything from culinary tools to tableware.
- SHARP Knife Shop on James Street South is the place to wow your home chef with handmade Japanese knives and sharpening accessories.
- Dawson’s Hot Sauce has knocked-out mega stars Charlize Theron and Matthew McConaughey on the show Hot Ones, and is also a knock-out stocking stuffer.
For the music lover on your list
- Cruise through local record shops to pick up some vintage vinyl at spots like Dr. Disc, Into the Abyss or Stardust Records.
- Splurge on an instrument at one of the city’s independent music shops like Picks and Sticks or The Acoustic Room.
- Get them the gift of live music with tickets to a big arena show at CORE Entertainment or a more intimate, indie act Bridgeworks.
Shop Hamilton’s Many Unique Neighbourhoods
The holiday season is perfect for exploring Hamilton’s many unique “hoods” for some only-in-Hamilton finds.
- Visit our neighbourhood guides.
- Explore Hamilton’s 13 Business Improvement Areas for lots of shop details. Enjoy free pre-holiday on street parking!