Don’t hide from winter this year. Lean into the season of snow, ice, and twinkling lights with our guide to winter in Hamilton.
Hike past a frozen waterfall, grab your tickets for a winter show, then warm up with some made-in-Hamilton comfort food.
Read on for things to do in Hamilton this winter with our guide to the best of the season.
See & Do
Hamilton's outdoor winter playground and world-class attractions offer a warm welcome.
Hamilton's growing food and drink scene will have you feeling warm and cozy all winter long.
Keep the kids active all winter with indoor activities and outdoor adventures.
Holidays in Hamilton
- Enjoy the magic of the season with Royal Botanical Gardens holiday events, including Winter Wonders, Botanical Train Display, and the RBG Express.
- Get your one-of-a-kind shopping done at the many markets throughout the city, including Stuffed!, Jingle & Mingle, Triple C Farm Christmas Market, and more.
- Head to Merry Farms to find the perfect tree this holiday. While you're there, make sure to check out the Christmas Store and take a photo with the iconic red Christmas truck.
- Experience a historic holiday with Hamilton Civic Museums, including Christmas Evening Tours at Dundurn Castle.
- There's nothing like a live performance to get you into the festive spirit, including JR Diggs Acoustic Christmas, The Hockey Sweater, and The Musical Magic of Christmas.