Spring is in the air. From the prettiest cherry blossoms to perfect picnic hangs, here’s your guide to the best of spring in Hamilton.
Explore the city's many hiking trails, cheers to the start of patio season, and get a glimpse of our stunning cherry blossoms.
Plan a perfect spring getaway with our guide to the best of Hamilton this spring.
See & Do
Awaken your senses chasing waterfalls and new blooms; visit favourite outdoor attractions and don't miss some blockbuster springtime events.
- Stop and smell the fresh blooms at Royal Botanical Gardens and stroll through one of the world's largest lilac collections.
- Soar through a canopy of green leaves and see the city from above at Treetop Trekking.
- Take the family on an adventure and come face to face with lions, elephants, and monkeys at African Lion Safari.
- This spring, take a walk on the artsy side with our guide to some of the city's best street art.
- The return of outdoor sports is something to cheer for as the Forge FC and Hamilton Tiger-Cats begin regular-season action.
- Lace-up your running shoes and hit the pavement as the Around the Bay Road Race celebrates its 128th season.
- Enjoy the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra like never before as they combine music and art for an immersive experience at the Cotton Factory.
- Explore local museums and historic homes with tours, fascinating stories, videos, and activities for all ages at Doors Open Hamilton.
- Grab your friends and sip your way through wineries at the two-day Why Not Wine Festival happening at Bridgeworks.
- Sew Hungry returns to Ottawa street for a restaurant and food truck rally like no other.
- Rock with the queen of Canadian country music, Shania Twain, when she comes to town on her world tour.
- Don't miss the largest contemporary Indigenous beading exhibit in North America, Radical Stitch, now at the Art Gallery of Hamilton
- Check out our Event Calendar for more ways to spring into fun during your next visit.
Enjoy the fresh flavours of Hamilton's growing food scene with a side of warmer weather.
- Use our Patio Guide to book a table on some of the best patios across the city.
- From shorts stacks to eggs benny, our Brunch Guide will help you up your weekend brunch game.
- Grab a blanket and plan a hang out at some of the best parks in the city with nearby spots to grab your picnic eats.
- Sip your way through the city's best breweries, cideries, wineries, and bottleshops with our guide.
- Enjoy a warm-weather stroll through Hamilton's unique neighbourhoods, each with its own food and drink scene.
Let the season breathe new life into fun events and experiences for the whole family.